Saturday 2 February 2008

Because the one who knows us best, loves us the most!

How would you feel if someone knew everything about you-- even your deepest, darkest secrets? What if this person knew everything...literally everything; all the good, the bad and even the ugly?

Guess what? There is someone who knows you to that extend! That is kind of scary, isn't it? However, what if I told you: that; that one who knows you completely-- inside and out-- also loved you more than you could even imagine-- with no strings attached?

I know it sounds outrageous and unbelievable but it is true! God is the one who knows us and His response is love. Maybe when you hear "God loves you", you wonder, "Why? Why me?"...to be honest I always ask him that question.(It's my favourite question to ask).

The answer: God doesn't love you because of who you are or anything you've done. He loves you simply because of who He is. It's His character. His is the purest, most powerful, most perfect form of love there is.

The one amazing thing that I've learned about God's love for me and you of course...is that when we do accept His love, we experience security. His perfect love chases fear away and replaces it with freedom.

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

-chelle-

No comments: