Saturday 28 March 2009

My most personal unspoken thought

Could it be just another dream? No. It is a dream that my heart desires to transform into reality despite the mountains that come my way. I have had this dream since I can remember. Many people especially while watching American Idol say that they have been singing since whenever and that this (singing) is their dream. That is how I feel about this dream- it is one that I know I must accomplish before resting in my grave.

However, with every dream there is always going to be a mountain to climb. Mine is what so many others have- money. I know so many people who do not know what they want to do yet they are blessed financially to go abroad to be taught whatever it is that seems to be the easiest for them. They have the money to go wherever it is that they want to and spend their time foolishly or they go overseas and study whatever their parents or friends think best suits them. Sometimes I feel that it is terribly unfair: I want to study something so rare and unique because my heart belongs there but I may not be able to do so because I am not as bless as the others financially. I know what I want in life. I know that although it may not be easy, I will not give up because it is the lifelong goal in my life.

I wonder why I cannot do so. The institute I am looking at is located in UK and there isn’t such a thing as a twinning or transfer programme for this particular course. For me to be able to study it as a degree, I need to do all three years over there but how? If I just do a Masters, I need to have a relevant subject in my degree for me to take up the postgraduate course but the local college/university does not offer it. It is right there in front of me but I have this huge mountain to climb and I want it more than anything else. My heart aches and tears flow as my mind runs through this huge mountain that I have to climb- one that just comes so easily for others but they don’t appreciate it.

‘Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology, School of’ is most renowned here:




University of Liverpool, Liverpool.


Those who wish to be back with their family or just go abroad because their friends are going etc, let me remind you of how blessed and fortunate you are to be able to go overseas to do a course; which can be completed over here. You have the universities, more than well equipped, here in Malaysia but you are all given this amazing opportunity to go abroad and here I am stuck in Malaysia dying to go to UK to study a subject that cannot be found here.

Despite my frustration, this enormous mountain only motivates me to study even harder for my A Levels and pray that I will be able to do what I truly want to do and not end up doing the second best.

This is my dream:



Giza Pyramids

My dream has always been to study Egyptology. It is a rare subject- one that many do not know about but there is just something simply amazing about it. I don’t know how to explain this feeling I have towards it- it is like falling completely head over heels for someone. I want nothing more than to be able to study Egyptology- I would give up all my Winnie the Poohs, all the Porsche I can buy with a lawyer’s salary, all my crime books, all my clothes just to be able to study Egyptology. That is how much I love it!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb


-chelle-

5 comments:

Essie said...

I know how you feel.

You can make it someday. =)

Unknown said...

:) I hope that someday comes faster. And I also hope no idiot comments wrongly because he or she will seriously get it...haha. It is like the most important thing in my life...haiz!

WaLTeR~* said...

Hi Chelle! ;)
It's been awhile since I've spoken
to you.
LOL. Busy with College and stuff huh?
Hang in there.
You can do it! ;)
Believe it.
Amen?

Unknown said...

Hey walter! Only believing will not get me to UK.

Essie said...

(plays Go The Distance by Michael Bolton)

LET'S REACH FOR OUR DREAMS TOGETHER!!!!! >_<

oh and you can find that song by clicking the next button on my music player, in my blog. =)