Thursday 9 October 2008

Expectations= Unwanted Noise

"Please la, it's you...sure no problem wan la"

"I'm sure you got all A wan right..."

"If you don't pass means I die la"

"You got good memory mah...sure easy for you wan"

"My guess Michelle and Sunny will the only ones who understand what I'm teaching if you combine classes
"

All of the above are not even close to what I hear almost everyday. What may seem to you as encouragements or compliments are actually EXPECTATIONS to me. You people honestly have to STOP expecting me to always be on top of everything that I do. It doesn't mean I have a good memory, I will be able to remember every freaking single detail. It doesn't mean I love History, I will love Law. It doesn't mean I'll always get As...NO I should be allowed to have my own failures and learn from them without having you idiotic noises telling me that "Oh please it's you...sure no problem wan". Thanks to those so- called encouragements, I was and still am not satisfied with my SPM results!...It's because of you people, that is why I have an extra burden to perform better in my exams. It's because of all your stupid expectations...expectations that have gone overboard!!

It's clear it's been a bad day for me...listening to all your stupid expectations. But I read something that comforted me and obviously it did not come from you people...it came from Him.

" For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever!" 2 Corinthians 4:17

-chelle-

No comments: