Saturday 15 November 2008

161190-161108: 18 years.

18 years, and not once has He ever let me down, the One who has held my hand through life's journey- through all the happiness, sadness, the friends I lost and the loved one that I lost. I've learned plenty from the little events that have taken place in my life and though some may have been painful but I know that God has placed each and every one of those events in my life for a specific reason and I've learned what are the most important things in life: trust, loyalty, faith, and love.

This morning when I woke up, all I could do (honestly) was to thank Him abundantly for everything and it made my morning perfect. To be able to serve Him on my birthday, what more could I ask for? Especially since He is the one who created me and gave me the air I breathe and the life I live.

To those who wished me, thank you very much for your wishes. Very much appreciated. One funny thing- two weeks ago, I prayed "God, I don't care if I don't get any other presents, I just want two specific gifts for this year." Be Careful of What You Pray For! Haha. Not complaining, because finally I've found a way to combine my two FAVOURITE THINGS IN THE WORLD: ANCIENT EGYPT HISTORY and SHOPPING. Right after this, I shall be going to 1U to hunt down for an Egyptian book; which I have been craving for and a dress; which I promised my best friend I would buy for my 18th birthday. Who is going with me? Like DUH! My family!!! What better way to spend my birthday, than with the people who love me unconditionally and have supported me all my life (hmmm...wondering whether they are forced to love me and btw, I have to drag my dad along since he is the one I'm showing those puppy dog eyes to today when I bring both the book and dress to the cashier...haha.)

However, if anyone is so kind and loving enough...wait...and VERY RICH! I would really love to own a PORSCHE BOXTER!!!! And for a few of my friends who have asked, "Why not just ask them for a ticket to Egypt?" My reply: Though it may sound like a good idea but to go to Egypt and learn all that it has to offer- I rather save up because by using my own money to travel all the way there, I know I'll be so proud of myself for having been able to achieve a life-long dream of mine!

Let's see whether I manage to find the book and the dress without burning my dad's wallet- praying hard! If I do, then those will be up on my next post.

That is all for now...and oooo Happy Belated Birthday Ariel!!! hehe.

Love,

chelle

No comments: