Sunday 31 January 2010

Just watched 



 

The author, Nicholas Sparks, is one hell of an author. Not only does the story focus on the relationship between Lennon (Shane West) and Jaime (Mandy Moore) but it also touches on the other relationships he shares with his dad, mum, friends and Jaime's father. Beautifully written and beautifully laid out on-screen.

Makes me want to believe in happy ending fairy tales again but I guess I have got 'ugly truth' drilled into me to remind me about reality. Still it was a beautiful movie (yeah I know I keep using the word 'beautiful' but really there is no other way to describe it). 

Lesson learned: Get a bucket list and share it with the boyfriend, see whether he can make it come true. I want a telescope that can see the Giza plateau! 

Quotes from the movie:

Jamie: You know what I figured out today?
Landon: What?
Jamie: Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel.  

Jamie: You have to promise you won't fall in love with me.
Landon: That's not a problem. 

Landon: Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better.
  
Landon: Our love is like the wind... I can’t see it, but I sure can feel it.

Landon: I'm sorry she never got her miracle.
Reverend Sullivan: She did. It was you


*melts*
-chelle- 



No comments: