Wednesday 14 January 2009

Cannot believe this!

I was driving back home and obviously radio surfing when I heard this pretty interesting rush hour topic on Fly Fm- DJ Jules and DJ Prem. It is a normal relationship dilemma where the girl finds out that her boyfriend has been flirting a lot with a girl he met via facebook. The boyfriend and the girl have not met face to face yet, so he says and he also adds that he will never see her face to face and it is nothing. The story was an average story and I was interested to listen to what the listeners had to say, but it was what all the 'men' and a few 'ladies' listeners said that made me so upset and seriously wanted to give them a piece of my mind; which I did.

All the 'men' (note how I am addressing the 'men')had the same old comment including DJ Prem and ladies, do you know what they said?

Flirting is nothing. It is just a game. So what if we're in a relationship, it is not like we are cheating on our girlfriends. It is a normal thing, everyone is doing it. It won't hurt my girlfriend. She is just a girl.

Whatever their absolutely lame and unintelligent excuses were, in my very; very honest opinion, each one of those 'man' have one big thing in common: No sense of respect for the female gender!

Someone even said flirting is to boost our confidence. What on earth is that?

I cannot believe that the society has come to a point where flirting is a normal thing especially when you are in a relationship. Not only are you disloyal to your partner but even more you have no respect for him or her. It doesn't matter whether you are a male or a female, each one of us deserves some kind of level of respect and why should 'men' get the upper hand when it comes to cheating and ladies are ridiculously insulted and criticised when they cheat.

-chelle-

4 comments:

Essie said...

um. Welcome to normality.

Welcome to my belief that the male human species in general are complete idiots and not even worth looking at.

Welcome to the World, where women are always and perhaps always will be sex objects - things to rut with to give them a good feeling and boost confidence every other night and several times a day.

And here comes the song: I need a hero....

But the bareback truth is that in general, the good men are either taken or gay by the time you know them. =)

To dabble into the dating scene is to be used. And yet to refrain and merely rely on a higher power to drop a husband into your lap is rather unfeasible.

Oh, what is a girl to do? =)

CheLLe said...

Hahaha! I really like what you said, Esther. Every word gives birth to the truth that is indeed denied by many.

¡Ʌm[˄˄]℮ said...

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU...
I HEARD IT ON RADIO TOO~
AND I WAS LIKE...
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!

IT'S A NORMAL THING?!
FLIRTING IS FINE WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE ANOTHER HALF???
IT'S LIKE.........

I DON'T KNOW LE..
FOR MY CASE... UNACCEPTABLE!!!

but if you are single & looking around.. that's your call. =)

CheLLe said...

I know Christine! I was so angry...like seriously over the edge. I actually send a message to the rush hour crew and if I ever see DJ Prem, he better have security guards around him! If you are single, I couldn't be bothered but if you have a partner...what the!!!