Saturday 7 February 2009

L.O.V.E

Love. There are so many ways to define this four letter word.

"Love is a word with many connotations."

"Love is placing others before your own."

"Love is a feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters."

"Love is patient, kind, not jealous or boastful or proud or rude, does not demand its own way, is not irritable, it keep no record of being wronged, does not rejoice in injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out, never gives up, never loses faith,is always hopeful and endures through every circumstances."

Whether or not those are merely quotes or how people truly feel, I'll never know. For me, I think that the last definition is the best for what I call true and perfect love; which no human in any possible way can ever receive or give.

Why do we always fall for the yearly Valentine's Day and anniversaries that thousands of people believe we have to celebrate or it means we don't love our partner?

Can we ever truly love a person 100%? Anyone who does love someone a 100%, in my opinion, has got to be living in a fantasy world because no one is perfect, therefore, if we love someone a 100%, we are bound to get hurt, to be taken advantage of and misused. Why then do we love when we know all the dangers these four letter word may or will impose on us?

Do we love because the Bible says so? Do we love because someone says it's right? Do we love because we genuinely and sincerely want to love that person?

Does love come before trust? Is love acceptance? Is love trust? Is love loyalty? Does it mean when you love someone, you trust that person?

What if the person hurts you, do you love him or her back over and over again? How do you love someone who keeps hurting you?

I think no one can ever give me a love I'll consider to be the true and perfect love because no matter who I meet or whoever I've met are not perfect. Even the love I give cannot be perfect because I am one, who does "keep a record of wrongdoings" and does not trust. The love I have for Ancient Egyptian History and Porsche can only last me so long.

Despite all stated above, I'm speechless when I remember that no matter who hurts me or whoever I've hurt, I have one person who can actually give me that true and perfect love. He died on that cross for me even though He knew at that moment all the wrong I would do in the past, present and future.

-chelle-

2 comments:

Animaniacs said...

Amen aunty! but i want a porsche carrera gt =P

CheLLe said...

LOL!