Saturday 14 February 2009

A "Valentine" thought

"I don't believe – and this goes for anybody – your man shouldn't love you for one day out of 365. He should love you 365 days out of the year. I want Valentine's Day every day." American Idol's one and only freaking successful country superstar, Carrie Underwood, said that and I totally agree.

Sometimes I feel that Valentine's Day is overly commercialize and guys buy presents for girls (and girls expect presents from guys) just because it is supposedly the most romantic day of the year. However, how can Valentine's Day be the most romantic day of the year if you are getting married in that year too? Shouldn't your wedding day and your honeymoon period be the most romantic time of the year then?

I was listening to the radio, just the day before Valentine's, and one male caller said, "Girls should also contribute to the day if they want guys to give them something because it is not easy for guys to outdo themselves every year while the girls don't do anything." I half the time disagree with the male callers but this time around I could not be more surprise that I actually found myself agreeing to the man's statement. I really believe that it is true.

Why should we girls be the ones getting all the presents and be pampered on that day when the guys have loved us girls, sometimes maybe even more than we do, and cared for us without complaining? If you have someone then I think both parties ought to be equal without expecting anything more- unless the guy or girl wants to surprise their other half- because that is what I think love is all about.

Love is about being equal in love, in trust, in loyalty, in commitment, in a promise for a lifetime together.

P.S: However, sometimes my term of being romantic and doing something for me is merely a fantasy or a dream that no man can fulfill, so then, what should I do? Lower my standards? I say 100% hell NO! Because those are my standards, they are not too high nor too low, they are mine and they are perfectly fine.

-chelle-

No comments: