Friday 29 May 2009

Broken.





I wonder what you think when I talk about my dream, my desire and my goal in life. It seems to me that you think I am mad, I am only 19 and I don't know what I am talking about, that I have no clue about life.

It can be so frustrating at times when you look at me with those eyes. Don't you know that I understand you through your eyes? You don't have to lie with a smile or your words because your eyes tell me that you think I am just selfish, heartless and that I don't value other things in life.

I do! I know who are the most important people in my life and I don't need your negativity to bring me down, to tell me that I am wrong.

I know that I should ignore all your unspoken thoughts and feelings, but I am only human and I will feel discouraged. I am different, yes, way different from you...so different that sometimes I just feel that we cannot connect.

I finally know what it means, to let someone in, to see the other side of me, that no one ever does or will.

-chelle-

2 comments:

Essie said...

I'm sorry over what happened. But hey, people with big dreams are so often aimed and shot at by people who believe in being "realistic".

Perhaps you would like to stick a Post-It Note over them that tells you that they may not have achieved their dreams, thats why they shoot you down and stuff.

Or you would prefer a more...morally uplifting version, which you can try to persuade yourself to believe.

But I think in the end, true love conquers all, ya?

Go for it. Chase Egypt. Chase after the dead men you're dying to meet and adore. XD Chase after the barely-believable ancient society that is the foundation of our world, whose technologies we still apply today.

And maybe someday you'll be such a pro in Egyptology that you'll be able to discuss the wonders of their architecture and art with me, ya? XD

CheLLe said...

Haha. Thanks Esther!!! *hugs* You are seriously one of those very few people who actually really understand.