Sunday 3 May 2009

The emotions and thoughts seething through me.

*pushes aside the books*

After yesterday's youth, I don't think any guy in the right mind will want me as their girlfriend (well not like I really bother cause none of them is of my taste).

"For me, absolutely no guy shorter (or younger) than me."
"If you are just flirting for fun and she falls for you, you are hurting her feelings and that is wrong."
"Until I study Egyptology and go to Egypt, I wouldn't want to marry."

The tone I used to say the above and many other things, I know a few people will be thinking I have either gone mad or I'm just downright rude. I think, well it is my opinion- I have neither gone mad nor am I rude, I am just ME.

I have learned from experiences and from my friends' experiences that no guy is worth your time if he is just fooling around with you or you fooling around. Why waste the time, credit, and your emotions if nothing is ever going to blossom between the both of you? I like what one of the girls said, "I will choose a guy whom I can see a lifetime with." That is definitely my choice too except that she has found someone and well, me...erm my imaginary one is all the way in UK. (hehehe).

My sister even asked me "Jie, aren't you afraid of growing up alone? (with no husband, that's what she meant). I answered, "NOPE." I have fallen very much in love with God and Egypt- I wonder how much more love I have in me to give it to another person.

Come to think about it, it may seem that I'm just afraid of taking that risk of getting hurt and well, yes that is part of the reason. At the same time, I just don't see the point. Right now, I'm having a hard time balancing all that I have, if a guy comes along- when will I have a time for myself? Not only that, I'm at the beginning of my tertiary education- finishing A Levels in 3 weeks *slaps head* (crap stress rebuilding again)then I have to make another big decision in my education life, and if I am given the chance to go overseas *looks up to heaven and prays* :P I don't want to be tied down to someone who may end up wanting to live in Malaysia or going to some other country to study -long distance does not work for me *wonders how all the pyramids and mummies are doing now*.

One guy said before "you've thought so far ahead about us..."
I have to agree with him because I have thought all the way to if I do, do Egyptology I will be spending lots of my time in Egypt and I don't want to tie someone down or if I have children, I wouldn't want them not having their mummy around for a long period (I think if I do have children, they will be more than happy).

Missing having someone to talk to and all, well of course I am only human so yes I have those thoughts especially when I'm drown in love songs but at the end of the day, my heart longs for no guy more than it longs for God and Egypt.

-chelle-

No comments: