Saturday 4 July 2009

Bukit Gasing.

Today was not like any other day:

~ woke up around 6:28 am.
~ left church for Bukit Gasing around 8 am.
~ made friends with the adorable doggies that came along.
~ started walking up the jungle.
~ staring down at the ground, praying to God that I don't see anything sliding towards or away from me.
~ dare not look up, initially, for the fear that a pair of deadly eyes would stare right back at me.
~ continue walking.
~ slowly started enjoying.
~ lots of climbing and slippery or steep paths.
~ still enjoying.
~ still enjoying.
~ took a little break.
~ and then...the SWAMP!
~ that was the worst; sorry to those behind me who had to wait.
~ deciding whether to run back to where I came from or just freeze; I froze.
~ worried that something would bite Ming Yan as he showed to me that there was nothing.
~ stared at the long stick in the water, waiting for it to attack me.
~ finally! Walked quickly across and climbed up and up away from the terror.
~ saw an old abandoned house and my mood immediately changed.
~ continue walking.
~ started to feel a little tired.
~ finally the peak and then walking back down; which seemed more like we were climbing up and up.
~ at last, LAND!!!! (I mean proper tar land!)

What kept me going?

1. Me friends that were there.
2. Had my mind set on trying something new.
3. Imagining the place to be Egypt and the sand and rocks I had to climb before reaching the pyramid or temple.

Thank You so much for giving the courage to try something new and that You made sure 'nothing' came out from anywhere.

-chelle-

No comments: