Sunday 13 December 2009

I think at times I feel bad for having no emotions. I can feel for those I don't know; for characters that may or may not exist but when it comes to those I know, the feelings seem to evaporate or worse, it seems to cease to exist.

That smile I give to you, that happy face I put on- I know it is all pretend. So, does that mean I don't genuinely love you? That is sad and mean on my part but feelings are hard to fight. 

Seeing you reminds me of the most important thing in my life- the thing that I fight for every single day.


I rarely read story books with emotions. In fact, the books I read are all crime and mystery base- maybe that is how I have sort of become sadistic (as in Ancient Torture Methods). Maybe that is why factual books work best for me, because no emotions or feelings are required. But movies are different- my favourite genre is romantic comedy. Watching romantic comedies and understanding how she or he feels connects me with the character. I seem to understand them.

Dorothy Koomson has made history!  Her best-selling book; "My best friend's girl" has gotten me hooked and emotionally intertwined. How she writes it- the plot and all the descriptions. No book has ever gotten me emotionally hooked like this. It almost breaks my heart and I pretty much tear up reading a number of the chapters. Good job, Dorothy Koomson!!!

-chelle- 

No comments: