Friday 18 September 2009

All emo-ed up.

Just read my "bestie of the bestest" blog and it got me thinking about 'best friends' and 'true friends'. What is your definition for the two terms? I don't exactly have one definite answer for either one but I have a great example of a 'best true friend' and I have to say that; that's S.

It seem to me that despite the fact that the last time we met up was this year's chinese new year and it wasn't like we were sitting down for hours telling one another everything or that we have been texting and keeping in touch with one another frequently. However, I remember the feeling of just looking through all my old pictures and among thousands of pictures, one stood out the most to me and that was a pic of S and me.

I felt so touched and blessed that I have met so many, many people in my life who have become good friends of mine and a handful that have become people that I can just run to about anything but I feel even MORE bless that He brought S into my life at such a young age. Looking at the picture of us and recalling everything that we went through during our childhood...WHOA!

We may not have helped each other a lot during our teen years but...*speechless*

She, too, wants to embark on a new chapter in her life and desires to also achieve her dreams and I so want that for her.







I think that at the end of it all, a 'best true friend' is one who will support you regardless of the situation but at the same time she/he will always be honest and sometimes words are not needed...just pictures and a photographic memory to remind you of how bless you are to have that someone in your life.

-chelle-

No comments: